How to file a Family Case

You can obtain some of the family law forms adopted by the Florida Supreme Court that you will be required to file in a family law case at: Self Help - Family Law Forms

All completed forms and required documents must be returned to the Clerk of the Court using one of the following three methods:

  1. The preferred method is electronic filing via the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal (
  2. Delivered in-person to Clerk of the Court located at the Downtown Civil Courthouse, 301 N. Park Ave, Sanford.
  3. Sent by Mail to Clerk of Court at P.O. Box 8099 Sanford, FL 32772

You must correctly complete, and file all required documents per the corresponding checklists (if applicable) before submitting a Request for Hearing form.

Scroll Up